[R] Latent models

Bi-Info (http://members.home.nl/bi-info) bi-info at home.nl
Wed Nov 22 19:02:17 CET 2006

Hai,

Wrong button. The email went out too quick...

This might be the one, Brian.

The problem was, and is, that the data is composed of two interrelated
sets of variables, from two completely different ways of measurement,
which I have to connect through some "latent" structure. Most variables
are dichotomous / slightly scaled (1,2,3) and only one is numerically
scaled. It's not reasonable to assume a linear relation, because I
looked at the Rank linearity condition and it is not satisfied, probably
none of the relations is linear. The statistics book advised me to look
for latent models.

I'll take a look at these packages. Additional suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Wilfred