[R] loading libraries on MPI cluster

Michela Cameletti michela.cameletti at unibg.it
Thu Nov 23 16:08:00 CET 2006

Dear R-users,
we are using library(snow) for computation on a linux cluster with RMPI.
We have a problem with clusterEvalQ: after launching clusterEvalQ it seems
belonging to the loaded package R doesn't find it.

> library(snow)

# making cluster with 3 nodes
> cl <- makeCluster(3, type = "MPI")
        3 slaves are spawned successfully. 0 failed.

> clusterEvalQ(cl,library(abind))
[[1]]
 [1] "abind"     "EMsspir"   "mvtnorm"   "MASS"      "snow"      "Rmpi"
 [7] "methods"   "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"     "datasets"
[13] "base"

[[2]]
 [1] "abind"     "EMsspir"   "mvtnorm"   "MASS"      "snow"      "Rmpi"
 [7] "methods"   "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"     "datasets"
[13] "base"

[[3]]
 [1] "abind"     "EMsspir"   "mvtnorm"   "MASS"      "snow"      "Rmpi"
 [7] "methods"   "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"     "datasets"
[13] "base"

#searching for function "abind" belonging to library "abind"
> abind
Error: object "abind" not found

Is it possible to know which libraries each node has loaded?
Thank you very much
best regards
Michela and Marco