[R] statistics help

Ingmar Visser I.Visser at uva.nl
Fri Nov 24 10:46:06 CET 2006

Dear Rohan,
Why would you want to simulate these probabilities? As far as I can tell by
your description these are all solvable analytically, see eg Kemeney,
Mirkil, Snell & Thompson, 1958, Finite Mathematical Structures. There are
undoubtedly more recent publications that cover first passage times in
Markov models, which is what you are looking for.
Hth, Ingmar