[R] Questions about generating samples in R

Mark Na mtb954 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 20:51:22 CET 2006

Further to Alexander's question ... could anyone provide assistance
with random stratified sampling? Let's say we have Alex's dataframe
and we want to stratify the random selection by group membership
(which is contained in one of the eight columns).

We might want to randomly select:

1) a constant number (e.g., 5) of rows from each group, or
2) a percentage (e.g. 10%) of rows from each group resulting in groups
being represented proportionally in the sample (with respect to the
population).

I am aware of stratsrs but this function does not seem to allow the
second of the above two options.

Any ideas how to achieve this in R?

Thanks, Mark