[R] RSQLite basic

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Tue Nov 28 01:47:40 CET 2006

Hi Alexander,

"Alexander Nervedi" <alexnerdy at hotmail.com> writes:
> However, this gives all kinds of errors when I run it on a linux box and I
> am not sure what the error message is telling me. I thought I'd crave your
> indulgence and ask for advice.
>

>>m <- dbDriver("SQLite", max.con = 25)
>>con <- dbConnect(m, dbname="sqlite.db")
> Error in sqliteNewConnection(drv, ...) : RS-DBI driver: (could not connect
> to dbname "sqlite.db"
> )

What is your working directory when you run this command?  getwd()
will tell you.  You should verify that you have write access there.

Does sqlite.db already exist?  If so, was it created with a different
version of sqlite than you are running?

Which brings me to:

it would be helpful to see the output of sessionInfo() so we know what
versions of DBI and RSQLite you are running.

+ seth