[R] There exist a FCS package on R-languaje?

Earl F. Glynn efg at stowers-institute.org
Tue Nov 28 16:57:37 CET 2006

I do not have R code for ConfoCor2 raw data, but I'm working on some R code
to read ConfoCor3 raw data.  That R example is not quite ready for public
release.

The ConfoCor3 raw data format, which is a binary file, is quite a bit
simpler to process than ConfoCor2 raw data.  IMHO, the ConfoCor2 data format
is unnecessarily complex.  With ConfoCor2 two bit streams are multiplexed
into a single binary stream, and run-length compressed at the same time.  I
did write a Delphi ConfoCor 2 viewer (with source code), which I'm modifying
to handle either ConfoCor 2 or 3 raw data if that is of any interest:
http://research.stowers-institute.org/efg/ScientificSoftware/Utility/FCSViewer/index.htm
(I hope to update this page in the next week or two with that new version).
Diagrams on that page show how the ConfoCor2 file can be parsed.  Bit
manipulations in R would be a bit of a pain IMHO.

Unfortunately, "FCS" is an overloaded acronym and some may be interested in
"Flow Cytometery Standard" FCS data, which is a different kind of binary
file for a very different subject area.  There is a prada package for this
other kind of FCS data.  Find some additional notes about using R with this
kind of FCS data here:
http://research.stowers-institute.org/efg/ScientificSoftware/Utility/FCSExtract/index.htm

efg

Earl F. Glynn
Scientific Programmer
Stowers Institute for Medical Research

"Horacio Castellini" <horacio9573 at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1164717998.9643.43.camel at clara.intranet.ar...
Hi all, excuse me by this elementary question. I wish to know if a
package in language R exists to analyze FCS (Fluorescence Correlation
Spectroscopy) datas. And, if it possible, in addition can read the
archives in raw format generated by the ConfoCor2 program.