[R] showing available environment variables

Karin Lagesen karin.lagesen at medisin.uio.no
Wed Nov 29 14:49:33 CET 2006

I have searched through the mailing lists and the docs, and I seem
completely unable to find a way to make R list all available
environment variables that it uses.

The reason that I want to do this is the following:

The default program for reading files when using openVignettes on my
system is ggv. ggv is broken. I would therefore like to use a
different program, and I found the variable R_PDFVIEWER which should
do the trick. However, so far no luck.

Therefore, how do I ask R what variables are available, and how do I
get it to show what it is currently set to.

Thanks!

Karin, who is most likely going blind
--
Karin Lagesen, PhD student