[R] control for frame color in cloud()

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 23:26:13 CET 2006

On 11/29/06, Eric Peterson <peterson at heritage.nv.gov> wrote:
> I am trying to construct a cloud plot viewable in 3D with the classic 3D
> glasses (one red lens, one bluish lens).  I've figured out how to overlay
> two printings of cloud() (from the lattice package) with appropriate colors,
> however the box frame seems to only print in black.  Is there any way to
> control the color for the frame?  How about the background color (gray)?

You are most likely using an old (>1 yr) version of R/lattice, or you
wouldn't be seeing the grey background unless you wanted to.

In recent versions (and probably in old versions as well), the box.3d
setting controls the box, so you could add 'box.3d = list(col = col1)'
to par.set1, etc. Similarly, '[xyz]lab = list(col = col1)' for the
axis labels.

> See http://www.crustose.net/~nnhp/3Dview.pdf for a sample of what I'm doing.

Cool.

-Deepayan