[R] Preventing early stopping in neural network (nnet package)

Wee-Jin Goh wjgoh at brookes.ac.uk
Thu Nov 30 17:32:33 CET 2006

Hello there,

I'm back again with another question about the neural network
package. I'm having trouble getting the network to run for the
maximum number of iterations. It always stops early, usually after
100 iterations claiming to have converged at an answer.

Now, for my purposes I want it to run for the entire number of
epochs, and I'm been looking at modifying the abstol parameter.
However, if I set abstol to 0, it still doesn't force the network to
run for the maximum specified epochs. From the description in the
documentation, setting it to 0 should achieve the effect I want. :(

I can't seem to find a way to prevent early stopping. Any help would
be much appreciated.

Wee-Jin