[R] Linking R with Fortran 90: make: m2c: Command not found

Jason Liao jg_liao at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 3 15:30:15 CEST 2006

Following the setup in Prof.Duncan Murdoch's page, I have successfully compiled the DLL for one Fortran 95 program using Gfortran and got 300 times speed  boost.  For the second set of fortran programs, However, I have this error message

R CMD SHLIB -o jiangang    kdtree2.f90  jian.f90 gang.f90
m2c    -o jian.o jian.mod
make: m2c: Command not found
make: *** [jian.o] Error 127

Can anyone point me to the direction to solve this problem. Thank you in advance.

Jason Liao, http://www.geocities.com/jg_liaoAssociate Professor of Biostatistics
Drexel University School of Public Health
245 N. 15th Street, Mail Stop 660
Philadelphia, PA 19102-1192
phone 215-762-3934