[R] latex expression

Charles C. Berry cberry at tajo.ucsd.edu
Tue Oct 3 23:16:07 CEST 2006

On Tue, 3 Oct 2006, Joe Moore wrote:

> Dear All:
>
> I try to use latex expression in legend, but I am not very clear on the
> detail rules in R. I remeber there is a R help page list all rules and many
> examples, but I forget what should I type (?xxx) to get this help page. Could
> you please remind me which function should I type?

Use the function 'help'

;-)

As in

 	help( "legend" )

which usefully suggests:

------------------

See Also

[...] text for more examples of math expressions.

------------------

in addition to providing examples of how to use math expresisons in
legend()

Following the suggestion under 'See Also', one find more examples of how
to use math expressions as well as this:

posting to r-help, says:

 	Read the online help for relevant functions

to which I might add, run and examine the examples.

e.g.

 	example( legend )

 	example( text )

etc.

[ rest deleted]

---

Charles C. Berry                        (858) 534-2098
                                          Dept of Family/Preventive Medicine
E mailto:cberry at tajo.ucsd.edu	         UC San Diego
http://biostat.ucsd.edu/~cberry/         La Jolla, San Diego 92093-0717