[R] how do I tell configure where to find Java?

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Wed Oct 4 00:50:02 CEST 2006

Thanks to everyone who provided the info.  I tried Martin Morgan's
suggestion (adding JAVA_HOME=/where/jdk/install/itself) to the
list of variables defined after `configure', and config.log shows
that the desired Java is found.

The Scyld system is based on RH, but I believe it lags far
behind FC.  The JDK is from Sun, and didn't come as a RPM.

Best,
Andy

From: Peter Dalgaard