[R] Some questions about plotting with R

Wee-Jin Goh wjgoh at brookes.ac.uk
Wed Oct 4 09:54:15 CEST 2006

Greetings list,

I'm currently in the process of migrating some Matlab code to R. It's
going well, but I'm running into trouble with plotting. There are a
few questions I have.

1) Is there any way to do a 3D line plot in R? This would be what the
Matlab function plot3 does.

2) I would like to create 3 separate plots. With Matlab, this is done
by doing ...
figure;
plot...
figure;
plot...
figure;
plot...

In R, I've found the function frame(), which I thought would do
something similar. However, calling frame() seems to have no effect,
as only 1 frame is created, and all three graphs are drawn to it,
resulting in only the final graph being displayed. Help!

3) Is there a good site/book that lists the similarities/differences
in plotting with R? I've found http://www.mathepi.com/methods/
matlabtor.html which is good for general Matlab to R concepts, but
it's missing information on plotting.

Cheers,
Wee-Jin