[R] Some questions about plotting with R

Robin Hankin r.hankin at noc.soton.ac.uk
Wed Oct 4 10:43:01 CEST 2006

Hi

>> Thanks for the response Robin, but that document doesn't help me with
>> either my quest for plot3, or multiple figures (i.e. the 'figure'
>> command in Octave/Matlab).
>>
>> cheers,
>> Wee-Jin
>
> If you want three separate graphics windows (Devices) then,
>
> X11() # not really needed as plot() will produce a new device if
> none is
>       # open
> plot(1:10)
> X11()
> plot(1:10)
> X11()
> plot(1:10)

This isn't in  R-and-octave.txt: I'll add it when I get a minute.

And come to think of it, R-and-octave.txt doesn't mention plot3,
probably because it's not implemented in octave AFAIR.
I'll add a section of 3D graphics, When I Get A Minute (tm).

You also have p3d() of the "onion" package for 3D plotting,
which you might find closer in spirit to the matlab functionality.

best wishes

rksh

--
Robin Hankin