[R] Possible bug?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Wed Oct 4 13:27:03 CEST 2006

On 10/4/2006 7:14 AM, ronggui wrote:
> Yes, the installer missed some file(s) in RHOME/bin.
> When I choose "Message translations", the /bin directory contains the
> following files.
>
> R.dll
> R.exe
> RSetReg.exe
> Rblas.dll
> Rcmd.exe
> Rgui.exe
> Rlapack.dll
> Rproxy.dll
> Rterm.exe
> Stangle.sh
> Sweave.sh
> helpPRINT.bat
> md5check.exe
>
> When I install without choosing "Message translations", the /bin directory
> contains the following files.
>
> INSTALL
> R.dll
> R.exe
> REMOVE
> RSetReg.exe
> Rblas.dll
> Rcmd.exe
> Rd2dvi.sh
> Rd2txt
> Rdconv
> Rdiff.sh
> Rgui.exe
> Rlapack.dll
> Rprof
> Rproxy.dll
> Rterm.exe
> SHLIB
> Sd2Rd
> Stangle.sh
> Sweave.sh
> build
> check
> helpPRINT.bat
> massage-Examples
> md5check.exe

That makes it look as though the installer aborted partway through.
Could you try to re-install, but run with the command line option "/LOG"?

This will create a log file in your TEMP directory (pointed to by your
TEMP environment variable, or perhaps in Local Settings/Temp in your
Windows home directory), named something like

Setup Log 2006-10-04 #001.txt

It might give some hint as to what went wrong, e.g. some file was in use
and couldn't be replaced, etc.

Duncan Murdoch