[R] Block comments in R?

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Thu Oct 5 15:48:45 CEST 2006

Uwe Ligges <ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de> writes:
> Use an editor that comments out a whole block which is what I do all the
> time, e.g. use Tinn-R, Emacs or WinEdt, to mention just a few of
> them.

This, of course, works.  The if(FALSE) approach does not because it
requires the "comment" to be syntactically correct.  The multiline
string trick is _almost_ there, the problem is that both " and ' are
fairly common in text and having to escape that is a pain.

My wtf feature request is to add a multiline string delimiter ala
Python like """.

8-P

+ seth