[R] eps embedded fonts again

Yury Yuryev yurycrib at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 04:26:00 CEST 2006

Dear friends,

I am sorry, I again rise that boring question about font embedding in
EPS figure.

I found some discussions on this topic but there were no strait solution.

The publisher (AIP) demands submission of separate EPS file
for each figure with all fonts embedded in it (even the standard
14 Adobe fonts).

As I understand the R does not do this embedding. It inserts only
comments what font resources are needed. Then I should use some other
software to do this task. Is there a solution for problem within open
source environment (without using of proprietary software)? My system is
Debian GNU/Linux (testing).

The second picture format that AIP journals accept is TIFF, but
R has no tiff device to produce that pictures. Does someone know a strait way
to convert the EPS file into the high resolution high quality TIFF figure?

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury Yuryev.