[R] Accessing R from Java [Broadcast]

Wiener, Matthew matthew_wiener at merck.com
Wed Oct 11 06:04:45 CEST 2006

I've had good luck with Rserve.  http://stats.math.uni-augsburg.de/Rserve/
Hope this helps,
Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: r-help-bounces at stat.math.ethz.ch
[mailto:r-help-bounces at stat.math.ethz.ch] On Behalf Of fuad
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 9:58 PM
To: R-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
Subject: [R] Accessing R from Java [Broadcast]

Hello All,

I am Fuad from Indonesia. I am doing a research using R. I need to access R
from Java.

Here are my computer specifications :

1.       Windows XP

2.       Java 1.4.0

3.       R 2.2.1

4.       rJava_0.4.3.zip ; I download the binary from CRAN

5.       Rserve_0.4 ; I download the exe from Rosuda

6.       JRI_0.3.5.tar.gz from Rosuda too

I have successfully install and try a little code in R.

I have install packages rJava from RGUI and it was successful.

But when I try to load packages using library(rJava) I have error : unable
to load shared library rJava.dll. There is no Jvm.dll.

So I copied jvm.dll from JAVA_HOME\bin to R_HOME\bin, and it seems done well
until I try to wake up Java Virtual Machine using .jinit() I received error
: cannot create JVM.

Is there anyway I can call R inside Java code ?

Please help me. Thank you

Best regards,

Fuad

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]