[R] Piping commands from Kate to R in xterm (Linux)

Rainer M Krug RKrug at sun.ac.za
Wed Oct 11 17:18:55 CEST 2006

Hi

I don't know if this quaifies as an R question, but it relates to using R.

I use R under Linux and use Kate as my script editor. I would like to be
able to pipe the selected block to an R instance which is in an xterm
session (not the console in Kate!).

Is it possible to configure Kate that it sends the selection to a pipe
which can be read from R (like in vim and eclipse)?

Has anybody done something like this with Kate?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug, Dipl. Phys. (Germany), MSc Conservation
Biology (UCT)

Department of Conservation Ecology and Entomology
University of Stellenbosch
Matieland 7602
South Africa

Tel:		+27 - (0)72 808 2975 (w)