[R] 64 bits machines

Rob Creecy rcreecy at census.gov
Wed Oct 11 21:25:23 CEST 2006

Yes, we have an SGI Altix that is similar and R installs just fine. You
should be able to compile
the source code with either the gnu or Intel compilers.

See  the R Installation and Administration manual at
http://www.cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.pdf,
and pay particular attention to the Platform notes section for tips on
configuration for ia64 Linux.
(It refers to www.nakama.ne.jp/memo/ia64_linux)