[R] Adding per-panel text to panel strips in lattice xyplot

Frank E Harrell Jr f.harrell at vanderbilt.edu
Fri Oct 13 18:48:30 CEST 2006

I would like to add auxiliary information to the bottom of two strips on
each panel that comes from a table look-up using the values of two
variables that define the panel.  For example I might panel on sex and
race, showing 3 randomly chosen time series in each panel and want to
add (n=100) in the bottom strip to indicate the 3 curves were sampled
from 100.  Is there a not-too-hard way to do that?

I would like to do this both with and without groups= and superposition,
but especially with.

Thanks
Frank