[R] nlme_varcov matrix

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sat Oct 14 20:47:56 CEST 2006

      Do you have Pinheiro and Bates (2000) Mixed-Effects Models in S
and S-Plus (Springer)?  That book should contain worked examples to
answer your question.  If the library at the Patagonia National Center
does not have a copy, I recommend you do what you can to encourage them
to obtain a copy.  There are many, many applications in the study of
biology and the management of aquatic resources for the types of
analyses described in that book -- and if people in your institute are
not routinely using those types of analyses, they may be making
decisions using misleading analyses because of the failure to explicitly
model important components of variance -- and you can quote me to your
librarian if that would help.

      Beyond that, have you reviewed 'help(package="nlme")',
"methods(class='lme')", and "methods(class='nlme')" -- plus 'str' of the
output of an 'nlme' run.

      If you'd like further help from this listserve, please provide
commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code as suggested in
the posting guide "www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html".

      Para servirle.
      Spencer Graves