[R] linear mixed effects models with breakpoints

Ewan Wakefield EWDW at bas.ac.uk
Mon Oct 16 13:58:33 CEST 2006

Hi folks

I have some data to which I've been fitting linear mixed effects
models. I am currently using a lme model in the nlme package, with terms
for random effects due to repeated measures on individuals and the
corCAR1 serial correlation structure. However, there is some suggestion
in the data (and from theory) that a breakpoint (change point) model may
be more appropriate. Scott, Norman and Berger's lmeChgPt model seems to
go some way to fitting the requirements for such a model but does not
incorporate, as I understand it, a serial correlation structure.

Is anyone aware of a model fitting procedure that incorporates the
correlation structures of the lme models in a breakpoint model?

Kind regards,

Ewan Wakefield

British Antarctic Survey,
High Cross,
Madingley Road,
Cambridge CB3 OET

Tel. +44 (0) 1223 221215
E-mail: ewdw at bas.ac.uk
Website: antarctica.ac.uk

--
This message (and any attachments) is for the recipient only...{{dropped}}