[R] cannot allocate vector of size 1215000 Kb

Paul Hiemstra p.hiemstra at geo.uu.nl
Wed Oct 18 15:23:46 CEST 2006

The memory.size() command provides the maximum amount of memory that can be
allocated. The amount can be increased to for example 2 GB by the command:

memory.size(size = 2048)

On windows the max size is 2GB, I don't know how large it is on Linux. But
I must agree with Uwe Ligges that it may be better to cut up your dataset.

kind regards,

Paul Hiemstra