[R] Latex editor recommendations

Stefan Grosse singularitaet at gmx.net
Wed Oct 18 17:15:47 CEST 2006

There is also a rather old version running natively under Windows 1.0.5
something. But I think TeXmacs is somewhat hard to use and would always
recommend LyX unless someone likes to embed calculations in a LaTeX like
(which is I admit a really nice feature of TeXmacs. especially with
maxima ) I even recommend LyX for Windows since you don't need the
cygwin stuff - it runs nicely and native under Windows.

So especially if someone is a newbie the installation and use of LyX is
really much easier especially compared to any cygwin approach if one
does not like the direct "programming" of LaTeX code in a nice editor
environment like that of WinEdt or TeXnicCenter or whatever....