[R] creating bins for a plot

Jeffrey Stratford stratja at auburn.edu
Thu Oct 19 00:24:11 CEST 2006

Hi.  I'm trying to plot the ratio of used versus unused bird houses
(coded 1 or 0) versus a continuous environmental gradient (proportion of
 urban cover [purban2]) that I would like to convert into bins (0 -
0.25, 0.26 - 0.5, 0.51 - 0.75, 0.76 - 1.0) and I'm not having much luck
figuring this out.  I ran a logistic regression and purban2 ends up
driving the probability of a box being occupied so it would be nice to
show this relationship.  I'm also plotting the fitted values vs. purban2
but that's done.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Jeff

Data sample:

box	use	purbank	purban2