[R] Using the ROracle package with Oracle 10 ?

Ram Dessau rde at cn.stam.dk
Thu Oct 19 13:24:11 CEST 2006

Hi,

The ROracle package works very well reasonable easy R-code,
the documention for ROracle is very usefull.
Thank you for this contribution to R !

A tip for complex SQL:
I did however find difficulties to handle complex sql statements in an Oracle script
(something with handling of spaces and line feeds)
This problem was solved by instead creating  "views" in oracle to
do the complex sql and then only using simple SQL statement in R
e.g. "select * from viewname"

Window binary for ROracle 10 ?
Is there anyone who could help with a version of ROracle for windows
which is compatible with Oracle 10 or more general just uses the "default-home"
The available (not officially released) version only supports Oracle 9

I work in a clinical microbiology laboratory.
We try to develop the Roracle functionality to retrieve current data
from the laboratory information system to generate
graphics for epidemiologic surveillance and controlcharts for ELISA robots.

Greetings

Ram Dessau,
Naestved Denmark

Ram Dessau