[R] arrows and points for error bars

Simon Pickett S.Pickett at exeter.ac.uk
Fri Oct 20 13:27:07 CEST 2006

Hello everyone,
I have successfully made an error bar graph using the points() command
with the arrows() command to maually add on the standard errors.

However, one slightly annoying feature of using this method is that the
points dont line up exactly with the arrows (if you look carefully the
points are never perfectly in the centre of the arrow), even when you move
the arrows around in an attempt to correct this.

Secondly I cant seem to force the points to appear on top of the arrows
i.e. with the arrows behind the points. Uing ADD=TRUE to either command
wont work.

Does anyone have any solutions to this problem, or maybe even a different
way of making error plots?

Sorry if this seems a bit pedantic, but it would be great if I could
resolve this problem and so enable me to use R for publication standard
graphs...

Thanks everyone :-)

Simon Pickett
PhD student