[R] arrows and points for error bars

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Oct 20 15:49:56 CEST 2006

It would be very helpful to have a reproducible example, including the OS
and graphics device used.

For example, this may only happen with certain values of 'pch' -- e.g.
some graphics devices (pdf is one) plot circles using completely different
code from squares.  And we frequently see reports of problems with R
graphics where the bug is in the viewer software or the including
application (Word being notorious for mis-rendering WMF files).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk