[R] Recursive decreasing sequences

Julian Burgos jmburgos at u.washington.edu
Fri Oct 20 21:51:58 CEST 2006

Hello fellow R's,

I'm sure there must be an easy way to do this.  But after digging in the
documentation and thinking about it for a while I couldn't figure it
out.  I need to get a decreasing recursive vector in.  I mean something
like this: if starting at 2, and ending at 6, the vector should be

 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 4 5 6 5 6 6

An easy way would be to do this

    x <- integer(0)
    for (i in 5) x <- c(x, i:5)

But I need to create really long vectors (where the ending value is in
the order of 6500) , and using loops is way to slow.  I'm looking for a
vectorized method.  Any help will be welcomed.

Julian

Julian M. Burgos

Fisheries Acoustics Research Lab
School of Aquatic and Fishery Science