[R] Problem with installing Hmisc and Design: gfrotran: error

Stephan Lindner lindners at umich.edu
Sun Oct 22 03:00:55 CEST 2006

cannot exec 'f951': No such file or directory
Hi all,

I'm using R on an Suse Linux system. Since Hmisc and Design need both
fortran, I installed gfortran (through rpm). However, I still get an
error message, namely:

gfrotran: error cannot exec 'f951': No such file or directory

And the installation is cancelled. I tried solving the problem through
googling it, and looking at the fortran and Hmisc page, but couldn't
find any valuable information. It would be wonderful if anyone could
help me.

Cheers,

       Stephan