[R] R tcl/tk

Charles Annis, P.E. Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
Mon Oct 23 02:54:15 CEST 2006

Friends:

I am a long-time R user, learning tcl/tk, and am tying myself in knots over
something that should be simple.

I want to create a frame and put that frame inside the toplevel frame.

This works (i.e. it places text in col 1, and the corresponding entry box in
column 2) and later frame.2 resides where it should in the toplevel frame.

tkgrid(tklabel(frame.2, text="FACTOR column "), tkentry(frame.2,
textvariable=FACTOR.column.value, width=2),  sticky="e")

This doesn't work because I don't know how to tell tcl that answer.button1
belongs in frame2:

tkconfigure(answer.button1, variable=buttonValue, value="TRUE")

tkgrid(tklabel(frame.2, text="Question?    yes "), answer.button1,
sticky="e")

I know this can not be as hard as I am making it.

Thanks for the help.

Charles Annis, P.E.

Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
phone: 561-352-9699
eFax:  614-455-3265
http://www.StatisticalEngineering.com