[R] Recurrence plot in package "tseriesChaos"

Antonio, Fabio Di Narzo antonio.fabio at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 15:35:16 CEST 2006

Hi Joy.

2006/10/23, Joydeep <joy_alwayslate a excite.com>:

> Hi,
> I'm a new user of the R package, and I need to generate recurrence plots for a set of 56 time series data. The package tseriesChaos has the function "recurr" that gives a plot. But what I really need are the recurrence plot parameters that are calculated from each plot (like %recur, %det, trend, etc...) and that can be stored dynamically in a output file for all the 56 datasets.
> It seems that the function recurr does not calculate these parameters.

I'm sorry, but I don't ever know what these parameters are. The
'recurr' function only computes a matrix of distances in the state
space embedding-reconstructed from the given time series, and plots it
as an image plot.
I can only guess the parameters you're claiming can be computed from
the distance matrix.

Antonio.