[R] Bayesian Information Criterion

Alexander Geisler alexande at sbox.tugraz.at
Mon Oct 23 20:59:45 CEST 2006

Hello!

I calculate a Bayesian logistic regression with the function MCMClogit
from the package MCMCpack.

After the calculation I use the package CODA to test the model in
respect to convergence.

Is there a compatible package to calculate the BIC (bayesian information
criterion)? So that it is possible to write
BIC(mcmc object) with an mcmc object from the function MCMClogit.

I found the package nlme, but the function BIC in this package does not
work with the mcmc object from the function MCMClogit.

Regards
Alex

--
Alexander Geisler * Moserhofgasse 36/1 * A-8010 Graz
StV Technische Mathematik | FakV TMTP
email: alexande at sbox.tugraz.at | ageisler at htu.tugraz.at
phone: +43 650 / 811 61 90