[R] Key colour problem with lattice plot

Alex Brown alex at transitive.com
Tue Oct 24 00:19:20 CEST 2006

>>         Can anyone explain why the key is inverted versus the bar
>> order?
>
> Because the key goes from top to bottom, while cartesian coordinates
> go from bottom to top. Neither can really be any other way by default,
> if you think about it. I did promise someone that I would add an
> option to reverse the order in key, but looks like I haven't done that
> yet.

In the case of barchart, what would be the justification for not
ordering the bars (in a group) as for the key, or vice versa?  Please
forgive my ignorance - I am curious to understand the design
principles.  I am certainly very pleased to have the power of
auto.key in lattice - it's the main reason why I stopped using the
default plot function.

-Alex Brown