[R] Plotmath expression

Christos Hatzis christos at nuverabio.com
Tue Oct 24 18:08:25 CEST 2006

Hello,

I've been trying to plot a subscript in a text formula using plotmath but I
haven't been able to do so.

In my example below I would like the text label to show
X[min] = 10.1 +/- 5.5

Here is the code:

ll <- c(x=10.1, sde=5.5)
plot(1:10)
text(x=9, y=2, pos=2, expression(paste(X[min], "=", paste(ll,
collapse="+/-"))))

This works fine up to the inner paste call that collapses the vector values.
I also tried assigning the value of the inner paste to a variable and then
use it inside the expression but that did not work either:

ll.txt <- paste(ll, collapse="+/-")
text(x=9, y=2, pos=2, expression(paste(X[min], "=", ll.txt)))

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Christos Hatzis, Ph.D.
Nuvera Biosciences, Inc.