[R] [ggplot] trouble with ggabline and log-log-plots

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 00:49:10 CEST 2006

> Well, my data does not start at 0 either (no log-log plot starts at 0).
> I think the line should start where the data-points start at. So, one
> can should be able to get this from the range where the values are
> plotted.

Yes, but for abline (the way it is currently written) to work out
where that line should go, uses the equation y = mx + c.  In this
case, where c = 0, or -infinity on the log scale, y is going to be
-infinty for the entire range of x's.   I don't see how to interpret
the specification in a consistent manner otherwise.

> I wrote some functions which do produce nice tick-marks with
> lattice-plots, but the syntax is really messy. However, my functions can
> produce lists with at and label members with according ticks. If you
> like, I sent them to you along with an example plot.

Yes, I'd like to see them.  If the algorithm is good, I'm happy to
clean up the code and include it.

Regards,

Hadley