[R] Agnes Help

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Wed Oct 25 09:19:33 CEST 2006

    Vinicius> Hi
    Vinicius> I'm trying to use the cluster package and I'm having some trouble...

trouble with e-mail as well?   You sent your message twice
(to several thousand people)...

    Vinicius> I always get the message:

    >> myagnes <- agnes("datafile.dat")
    >> Error: could not find function "agnes"

    Vinicius> the package cluster is listed in the library() command, and I can
    Vinicius> reach the help files from Agnes as well

But have not quite understood what the 'Usage' part says?
I guess you really need to spend some time with basic
introduction to R (or S).

Hint: Almost all R functions,  agnes() included, work with
      numeric vectors, matrices, or data frames (or more
      structured R objects)
      but not with file names ...