[R] variables with dynamic names?

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 15:07:49 CEST 2006

With the style of whole objects encouraged for R that code looks
like this:

rowString <- LETTERS[1:3]; cols <- 3 # test data

mat <- outer(rowString, formatC(1:cols, flag = "0", width = 2), paste, sep = "")
mat <- paste(mat, "csv", sep = ".")
sapply(mat, function(el) { if (exists(el)) { DF <- read.table(el, sep