[R] Get the names of the columns in a tserie

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sun Oct 29 23:35:50 CET 2006

      Have you tried 'str(X)' on the 'X' object that 'read.ts' created
for you?  If you've done that and still can't solve your problem, I
suggest you review the "Introduction to R" manual, available as the
first option on the left from the "html" file you get from
'help.start()'.  If that still does not answer your question, I suggest
you review the 'zoo' vignette.  For more information about how to access
that, I suggest you try
"http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/Rhelp02a/archive/67006.html" (which was
the first of 35 hits that I got just now in response to
'RSiteSearch("graves zoo vignette")').

      If you'd like further help from this listserve, please provide
commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code, as suggested in
the posting guide "www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html".  Your example
was not self contained.  Also, R is case sensitive, so "Tseries" is
different from "tseries".  I believe you can increase your chances of
getting more and more useful replies quicker by thinking about what
someone would have to know to be able to answer your question.  In
particular, a very short, self contained example sometimes invites
people who may never have used the 'tseries' package before to
experiment with your example.  By doing so, they get a very quick
introduction to 'tseries', and with only a little luck, you get a quick
answer to your question.  It's "win-win", and I've learned a lot doing
just that.  Without a simple, self-contained example, I know it will
likely take me a lot longer to even understand what you are asking, and
I will likely not be very confident that I even understand your question
even if I attempt an answer.

      Hope this helps.
      Spencer Graves