[R] differnce between lme and proc mixed

Andrew Robinson A.Robinson at ms.unimelb.edu.au
Fri Sep 1 00:02:23 CEST 2006

Hi Liz,

I am sure that soem will know what the differences may be between proc
mixed and lme.  But unless you provide much more information, such as
the actual code that you used, the output, and *best of all* a
reproducible example, we can't be much help.  I hope that these
thoughts are useful.

Andrew

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 02:24:06PM -0700, Elizabeth Lawson wrote:
> Hey,
>
>   I was using lme and proc mixed in SAS to run a empirical bayesian model.
>   I used the same method for both lme and proc mixed (the default REML).
>
>   I got very similar, but not identical results.  I am just wondering if anyone knows what the differneces may be between proc mixed and lme.
>
>   Any thoughts would be appreciated!
>
>   Thanks,
>
>   Liz

Andrew Robinson
Department of Mathematics and Statistics            Tel: +61-3-8344-9763
University of Melbourne, VIC 3010 Australia         Fax: +61-3-8344-4599
Email: a.robinson at ms.unimelb.edu.au         http://www.ms.unimelb.edu.au