[R] Compiling a package

R Heberto Ghezzo, Dr heberto.ghezzo at mcgill.ca
Fri Sep 1 18:20:02 CEST 2006

Hello,
I am in Win-XP R:2.3.0
latest rtools and Perl - of today
I got Rcmdr.HH source code and tried to compile it myself
copy all directory to R/R-2.3.0/src/library/Rcmdr.HH
from R/R-2.3.0/src/library
I typed:
..\..\bin\R CMD build --force --binary --auto-zip Rcmdr.HH
* checking for file 'Rcmdr.HH/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* preparing 'Rcmdr.HH':
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* removing junk files
Error: cannot open file 'Rcmdr.HH/DESCRIPTION' for reading

file Rcmdr.HH/DESCRIPTION is there,

Package: Rcmdr.HH
Type: Package
Title: Rcmdr support for the introductory course at Temple University.
Version: 1.2