[R] Lattice plot with fitted curves

David Scott d.scott at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Sep 1 18:43:48 CEST 2006

I have some data which consists of time series for a number of sites. It
appears that there is not much autocorrelation in the data and I have
fitted a cubic for each site using lm. I would like to obtain a lattice
plot with one panel for each site and showing the original data, and the
fitted cubic.

The closest I have got to doing what I want is:

fit <- fitted(paraslm1)
temp <- cbind(paras, fit)
xyplot(Density ~ Year | LocCode, data = temp,
        panel = function(x, y, ...){
          panel.xyplot(x,y)
          panel.xyplot(x[LocCode],fit[LocCode],type="l")
        })

This doesn't give an error (most of my other attempts did), and draws the
panels correctly with the original data, but doesn't draw the fitted
lines.

paraslm1 is my fitted linear model with cubics for each location.

David Scott

David Scott	Visiting (July 06 to January 07)
 		Department of Probability and Statistics
 		The University of Sheffield
 		The Hicks Building
 		Hounsfield Road
 		Sheffield S3 7RH