[R] Cuzick's test for trend

arin basu arinbasu at cashette.com
Sat Sep 2 15:52:48 CEST 2006

Hi All:

I was looking for, but could not locate in the packages, or in the R archive searches if there exists an R implementation of Cuzick's test of trend. The test is described as follows:

An extension of the Wilcoxon rank-sum test is developed to handle the situation in which a variable is measured for individuals in three or more (ordered) groups and a non-parametric test for trend across these groups is desired.

Reference:

Cuzick J. A Wilcoxon-type test for trend. Stat Med. 1985 Jan-Mar;4(1):87-90

Would greatly appreciate your insights. The R version I use is R-2.3.1

Best,
Arin Basu