[R] my error with augPred

Petr Pikal petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Mon Sep 4 13:50:25 CEST 2006

Hallo

thank you for your response. I am not sure but maybe fixed effects
cannot be set to be influenced by a factor to be able to use augPred.

lob<-Loblolly[Loblolly$Seed!=321,]
set.seed(1)
lob<-data.frame(lob, x1=sample(letters[1:3], replace=T)) # add a
#factor
lob<-groupedData(height~age|Seed, data=lob)
fm1 <- nlme(height ~ SSasymp(age, Asym, R0, lrc),
            data = lob,
            fixed = Asym + R0 + lrc ~ 1,
            random = Asym ~ 1,
            start = c(Asym = 103, R0 = -8.5, lrc = -3.3))

fm2<-update(fm1, fixed=list(Asym~x1, R0+lrc~1), start=c(103,0,-8.5,-
3))
                                             ^^^^^^^
and

plot(augPred(fm2))

Throws an error.
So it is not possible to use augPred with such constructions.

Best regards.
Petr Pikal