[R] terms.inner

Stefano Calza stecalza at tiscali.it
Tue Sep 5 15:42:19 CEST 2006

On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 08:24:54AM -0500, Terry Therneau wrote:

<Terry> > plot.gam
<Terry> Error: object "plot.gam" not found

if I do

library(gam)

plot.gam

it prints the function

<Terry>
<Terry>  Ok, I know this function has to exist.  I even remember that there is some
<Terry>sort of multi-colon secret handshake that will convince R to let you look
<Terry>at it, although I don't remember the form.  This Nixonesque passion with
<Terry>hiding things is one of the reasons I still prefer Splus.

afaik getAnywhere(function name) usually works for the hidden ones...though I don't quite understand why one should hide them

HIH,
Stefano

<Terry>
<Terry>
<Terry>  	Terry Therneau
<Terry>  	therneau.terry a mayo.edu
<Terry>
<Terry>R-help a stat.math.ethz.ch mailing list
<Terry>https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help