[R] R object code

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Sep 5 23:36:19 CEST 2006

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006, Patricia Bautista wrote:

> Hi!, I wonder to know if someone can explain me how I
> can access R object code. Briefly, what I need to do
> is: given a user defined function in R I want to
> access its object code with C because I need evaluate
> the function but using C.

Are you doing this from a package in R, or from another application?
Both are covered in 'Writing R Extensions': the first uses eval in C, and
the second needs embedded R or an R server.

Depending on your OS, there are other possibilities like (D)COM (also in
that manual) and Rserve (www.rosuda.org/Rserve).

(The details are more appropriate for the R-devel list, according to the
posting guide.)

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk