[R] Weighted association map

kone attenka at utu.fi
Fri Sep 8 10:16:45 CEST 2006

> Could somebody program this kind of plot type to R, if none exists,
> based on mds or correlation tables or some more suitable method?
> What do you think about idea? Does it work? None similar or better
> exists?
>
> http://weightedassociationmap.blogspot.com/
>

> Atte Tenkanen
> University of Turku, Finland

I got a hint of package ade4 and function dudi.pca. Something like
this, though I can't immediately interpret those dudi.pca-pictures. I
originally saw this as a more general idea, which can, if wanted, be
applied with statistical methods too. If you do multidimensional
scaling, you can see, how "near" all components are each other, but
you can't see the connections or directions. If you have a
correlation matrix, you can't see the connections graphically.

Atte