[R] subsetting a data set

Petr Pikal petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Fri Sep 8 10:31:12 CEST 2006

Hi

I am not sure if your Max is the same as max so I am not sure what
you exactly want from your data. However you shall consult ?tapply,
?by, ?aggregate and maybe also ?"[" together with chapter 2 in intro
manual in docs directory.

aggregate(data[, some.columns], list(data$factor1, data$factor2),
max)

will give you maximum for specified columns based on spliting the
data according to both factors

Also connection summary with max is not common and I wonder what is
your output in this case. I believe that there are six same numbers.
However R is case sensitive and maybe Max does something different
from max. In my case it throws an error.

HTH
Petr