[R] Description of x-axis

Christian Oswald oswald at dhlaw.de
Mon Sep 11 19:57:54 CEST 2006

I have try to use mtext but I cannot plot the description below the x-axis.

I have used
mtext(xLabels,side=1,at=apply(midPoints,2,mean))
and the text appears between the axis and the names.arg But I wont it below the args, above the axis-labels.

Christian

?mtext, also ?barplot since barplot returns midpoints of the bars.

also ?rep for setting up a vector of repeating values.

something like this:
xLabels<-c(rep("2003",4),rep("2005",11),rep("2006",5))
midPoints<-barplot(<your original statements here>)
mtext(xLabels,side=1,at=apply(midPoints,2,mean))

>/ Hello,
/>/
/>/ I have made a barplot with some data and need a description below the
/>/ x-axis. For example there are 20 values and I need a description "2003"
/>/ for the first four values, then "2005" for the next eleven and "2006"
/>/ for the last five values.
/>/
/>/ I want the description below the x-axis-labels and above the x-axis title.
/>/
/>/ Thanks,
/>/
/>/ Christian